Cannabis-Infused S’mores and Cannabis-Friendly Camping Near Denver
Sleeping beneath the stars is the best. Find the perfect spot to pitch a tent and complete your night with our Headband Kush cannabis-infused s’mores recipe.
We’ve all seen a lot of the same walls lately.
Being cooped up indoors is never fun, and the call of the wilderness is growing louder by the day. Fortunately, for those eager to trade their sofa for a few nights in the great outdoors, such joys are once more on the menu.
If you’re looking for cannabis-friendly camping near Denver, we’ve got a few tips to share with you. Get out there—quality nature time awaits.
Know Before You Go: Federal Lands = Federal Laws
First, a quick heads-up. Despite statewide cannabis legalization, public consumption is still a ticketable offense in Colorado, so if you do choose to consume outdoors, be extremely mindful of your neighbors and surroundings.
It’s also important to know that because of cannabis prohibition at the federal level, consumption or possession of cannabis on federal lands is illegal. If you’re in a national forest, national monument, national park or on Bureau of Land Management land, you’re on federal public lands—and possession or consumption is a no-no.
Colorado has an absolute wealth of camping options in state parks and State Wildlife Areas for your recreational enjoyment, but keep in mind that certain places, like the Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area, are managed by both state and federal agencies—be mindful of what land you’re on, and what regulations pertain.
We would also like to stress that, amid the state’s continuing drought and with wildfires pretty much a year-round concern, all precautions should be taken when knocking the ash out of your bowl or finishing up that pre-roll.
Once you find the campsite of your dreams, you’ll need some snacks! Keep reading for a special cannabis-infused s’mores recipe featuring Veritas Headband Kush—and check for the current drop in our Invite category for additional strain options that are perfect for outdoor activities.
Check 420-Friendly Private Campgrounds
Looking for the best ways to combine cannabis with camping? Check out this curated list of private campgrounds throughout the state that are very 420 friendly—and close to all the hiking, biking, fishing and other outdoor fun that your adventurous heart desires.
Regardless of where you stay, having something delicious to eat is a must when it comes to camping. Thus, in the spirit of ghost stories and marshmallowy goodness, we’ve put together a cannabis-infused s’mores recipe combining the best of sweet decadence with the woody, clove-kissed flavors of Veritas Headband Kush.
Remember to consume safely and in moderation. Enjoy!
Recipe: Veritas Headband Kush S’mores
- Olive oil infused with Headband Kush (or another Veritas strain of your choice)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- 1 box of graham crackers
- Bamboo or metal skewers
- The first thing on our list is infusing some olive oil with our Headband Kush. While this process may seem daunting, there are actually a number of very easy-to-follow infusion guides that take you through this process in your home kitchen. As you’ll learn, how much oil and cannabis you’ll need depends on how strong you want your s’mores to be!
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in a double boiler. Whisk in your cannabis-infused olive oil until blended and smooth. The more you whisk, the more you ensure an even dispersal of THC throughout your batch.
- Take your infused chocolate and pour it onto parchment paper. Chill for at least one hour in the freezer, or two hours in the fridge.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and keep it cool and dry.
- Make a fire (where safe and permitted to do so), get out the skewers, and get some marshmallows roasted. If open fires aren’t allowed, use your propane camp stove.
Pair that perfectly roasted marshmallow with your graham crackers and infused chocolate chunks to create the infused s’mores of your dreams.
(Reminder: Dosing may be less reliable in home-cooking when compared with what you buy at a dispensary, so start slow, enjoy some campsite chill time and go from there.)